Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Southern Hospitality

Today for breakfast I made grits. Yes, Quaker's enriched white hominy, cooks in about 5 minutes, smooth and creamy grits! It was a tasty way to start another busy day.  Brad enjoyed it as he would his Cream of Wheat - with brown sugar, milk and raspberries but as for me, I ate mine the way Jennefer fixed them in Charleston - with butter, salt and pepper, yum! Got me thinking about that wonderful May trip to the beautiful state of South Carolina with Mom and Livona to visit Jen. A girl's trip!
We had the greatest time...
  • looking for alligators in the ponds (saw none -darn it!)
  • eating pecan pralines
  • touring around Historic Charleston
  • dipping our toes in the Atlantic
  • eating the BEST fish and chips
  • attending church and Relief Society Conference
  • taking walks along the beautiful trails by the Ashley River
  • driving to Kingstree to lookup old family records at the court house
  • shopping at a random Piggly Wiggly! and eating banana puddin' and black beans and rice
  • eating Charleston Chews (and thinking of Dad)
  • visiting Boone Hall Plantation 
  • seeing endless/gorgeous trees and greenery that South Carolina has to offer
  • talking, laughing, reminiscing, laughing, talking and...sleeping :)
  • Bert and Jen are gracious and entertaining hosts - the best
 Maybe (if my dratted computer will allow) I will post pics of this fun - what wonderful memories were made!

Loves, Colleen

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you have joined the blogging world. I hope you don't mind but I am adding you to my friends list so that I can keep up on your family. I have a blog, too. It is steve-julie.blogspot.com. Check us out!!

    ReplyDelete